Critical Alert Nurse Call systems have been at the forefront of clinical communications for three decades. What began as simple nurse call notifications on pagers led to native integrations with device manufacturers and mobile software applications. Advances in mobile communication technologies and interoperability now enable caregivers to view context around patient requests and accept/reject workflow assignments directly on their devices of choice.
1. View Multiple Requests By Type
Today’s busy units can often lead to stacking of patient requests and alerts. Fortunately, clinical communication tools allow clinicians to easily view requests by type, prioritize based on acuity/proximity/etc. and better manage their tasks.
2. More Patient Request Detail
Larger screen sizes on today’s mobile devices allow caregivers to view more nurse call request detail in more readable fonts. Because CommonPath integrates with your ADT, mobile caregivers have access to more patient details.
3. Notification Rejection & Escalation
If an RN is already working with a patient, he/she can reject the workflow notification sent from CommonPath nurse call system.
A rejected workflow assignment will escalate the patient request on to the next appropriate care team member for fulfillment. Should an RN be unable to use their device (eg. he/she is engaged in a procedure), CommonPath will automatically escalate the request after a configured timeframe.
4. Initiate Workflow
Caregivers can also create new requests and reminders directly from the console such as medication and rounding reminders.
5. Open Audio Into Room
Caregivers can open a VOiP call directly into any room in their unit via the nurse call speaker to inform a patient that they are on the way or are delayed, to get more information on a request or to communicate instructions.
• Accept or Reject workflow on mobile devices
• Automatic escalation of rejected workflows
• Decrease tone & alarm noise in units
• Decrease unnecessary clinical interruptions
• Open audio into patient room from handheld device
• Easy to deploy staff assignment process
• Ability to leverage your current communications investments – device agnostic
• Integrate with multiple devices in multiple settings
• Native integration – no middleware required
Critical Alert offers native integration with industry leading wireless clinical communication devices from Cisco®, Spectralink®, Vocera®, Voalte® , PatientSafe® and Mobile Heartbeat™ Rather than just simply passing messages on to edge devices, our R&D department has worked tirelessly to create two-way workflow acknowledgement without the need for middleware.